Friday, September 21, 2012

Hokey Pokey Cake


1 (16.5 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
1 (5.1 ounce, 6-1/2 cup servings) box vanilla instant pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
1/2 cup chopped nuts or candy pieces

Prepare cake according to package directions.

Cool cake. Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake.  

Prepare pudding according to package directions.  Pour over cake. 

Cover, refrigerate until time to serve.  

Spread whipped topping over cake.  Sprinkle candy or nuts over top. 


My mom used to make this cake when I was a kid.  It was always a big hit back then and it still is today.  Take this yummy cake to a potluck and you are sure to receive lots of complements. 


My new cookbook will soon be available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Tuesday,
for my Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

 GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek!

You will love Bo and his blog,  Bo's Bowl.  Not only does he host great giveaways,  his recipes are incredible!  One visit to his blog and you will see why I faithfully follow it.

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks like an awesome cake. I love any cake you poke holes and put a filling into. I will be making this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy and yummy! Can't wait to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good but I will have to come shopping in your part of the world :-) Have a great weekend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    What a fantastic, yummy and delicious suggestion. Thanks for sharing,
    Lia.

    ReplyDelete