Friday, April 19, 2013

Malted Milk Cake


1 (16.25 ounce) box white cake mix
1 cup Malted Milk powder
Milk
1 (16 ounce) container Milk Chocolate Frosting
1 cup crushed malted milk balls

In large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix and Malted Milk powder.  Mix well.  

Prepare cake mix according to directions on the box, exchanging equal amounts of milk for the water that is called for in the directions.  Mix well.


Bake according to package directions.  Cool cake.



 Frost with Milk Chocolate Frosting and garnish with crushed malted milk balls.


I can't eat malted milk balls without thinking of my sister, Shelley.  When we go to the movies together, we share a box of the tasty treats.

  My sister and best friend, Shelley, and I on a VERY early flight to New York.


My sister lives in Florida and I live in New Mexico.  I am really missing her, and I called her while I was making the cake.  She plans to bake the cake this weekend.  Eat a piece for me Shelley!  I love you and will see you soon!




My new cookbook is available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Tuesday,
for my Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

5 comments:

  1. Lucky you with a sister! I always wanted one. Malted milk balls are the best and this cake really sounds good! That is one hot KA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom would LOVE this! I will have to make this for her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, now this looks sinful! Sisters are the best, I'm blessed to have three!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to get a cup of malted milk balls is impossible. it is like Sisyphus rolling the ball up hill. I can't help it if I eat more than goes into the measuring cup, those things are irresistible! LOL

    ReplyDelete