Friday, May 10, 2013

Roasted Brussels Sprouts


1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Trim the very end of Brussels sprouts and remove damaged leaves.


Cut in half. 


Place in large bowl.  


 In a small bowl, combine butter and olive oil.


 Drizzle butter mixture over top of Brussels sprouts, toss to coat.  
Salt and pepper to taste.


Arrange Brussels sprouts on baking sheet.

Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until browned.


My mom never had to tell me to eat my Brussels sprouts.  I just love these little bundles of goodness.  When they are roasted they become nutty and sweet tasting.  And who wouldn't love that?  Even if you hated Brussels sprouts in the past, give this recipe a try, you may end up liking them. 


My new cookbook is available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Tuesday,
for my Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

1 comment:

  1. These look so tasty! I love the idea of combining the butter and the olive oil, too. I will have to give these a try soon!

    ReplyDelete