Friday, June 14, 2013

Grandma's Old Fashioned Fudge

3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
7 teaspoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 


In large saucepan, combine sugar, milk, and cocoa.  Mix well.  



Over medium heat, cook until fudge makes a soft ball.  
Stirring occasionally.  


To test the soft ball stage the way my grandmother did, drop a small amount of the fudge into a cup of cold water.  If the fudge forms a soft ball, remove the saucepan from the heat. 


Add butter and vanilla.  Beat until fudge slightly thickens.  


Pour onto a buttered plate.  Cool.  Cut into squares.


Some people like a fudge with a soft texture.  I like mine firm like candy.  My mom adds 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to the recipe at the same time she adds the butter and vanilla.  It makes a delicious peanut butter fudge.

My mom and my niece Miley.

This is my favorite fudge recipe!  Growing up, we would have it with popcorn in front of the TV watching a family friendly movie.  I have been at home for the last couple of weeks.  We rented a DVD and my mom made this fudge.  It brought back so many happy memories!


My new cookbook is available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Tuesday,
for my Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!


1 comment:

  1. You can never go wrong with good fudge. I think peanut butter and fudge are definitely a perfect pairing. Thanks for sharing.


    Velva

    ReplyDelete