Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Acron Squash Tip


It can be hard to cut an Acorn Squash.  To make it easier, I take a fork and prick the skin on one side in a crease made by the ribs of the acorn, from the end to the stem.


 
Microwave the squash for 2 minutes.  Use hot pads to remove the squash from the microwave and place on a cutting board. Cut the squash along the line where you pricked it with the fork.  Now you are ready to make my Acorn Squash recipe that I will be posting on Friday.


 

Check back on Friday, for  my
Acorn Squash recipe! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too! 

2 comments:

  1. Great tip! The squash is great and now I will buy it more often after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I should put my machete away then? Awwwww man, you never let me have any fun ;)

    ReplyDelete