Friday, October 25, 2013

Chicken & Stuffing Casserole

2 (6 ounce) boxes low sodium stuffing, prepared according to package direction
1 pound cooked chicken, shredded
2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans low sodium Cream of Chicken soup
2 (6 ounce) containers Greek yogurt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In 1 1/2 to 2 quart baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, layer 1/2 of the stuffing mix.


Arrange chicken over top.  


 

 Spread soup over top.  


Spread yogurt over soup. 




 Sprinkle remaining stuffing over top.  



Bake 45 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown.


 I think every kid who grew up in the Midwest, ate a version of this dish.  When my Mom would make this for us, she used regular yogurt not the Greek yogurt.  I like the tang that the Greek yogurt adds.

This tastes like a Thanksgiving meal in one dish.  I even like to serve it with cranberry sauce.  You could make it with turkey and your leftover stuffing from you Thanksgiving meal.



Check back on Tuesday,
for my Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too! 

7 comments:

  1. ooooh, lovely recipe and easy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like it would be so good with some smoked chicken (guess who happens to have leftover smoked chicken in his freezer, ha ha). I never had this as a kid but I know I would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this looks colossaly creamy and delicious! I love stuffing but I usually wait until Thanksgiving to make or eat it. This looks like it could tide me over until then. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this looks colossal kinds of creamy and delicious! I usually wait until Thanksgiving for stuffing, but this may have to come a bit sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a yogurt fan nor is my husband. Could I use sour cream instead of Yogurt?

    ReplyDelete